Saw Blades for Plywood, MDF and Particle Board
Circular saw blades for cutting Plywood, cutting MDF and cutting Particle Board
Tips for choosing a saw blade for cutting MDF, Plywood, and particle board:
- Buy a triple chip blade or an ATB blade with a 10 or 15 degree hook.
- A higher tip count will give you better cuts in MDF, Plywood, and Particle board.
- Make sure the board is completely supported during the whole cut - absolutely no overhang without support.
- Feed the material absolutely straight and steady against a guide. 2 x 4’s are not really good guides. You can greatly affect cut quality, both good or bad, by how you feed. Experiment with scrap material to make sure you are feeding correctly.
- Keep the blade sharp. Plywood and MDF are glued together. The glue uses clay as a filler. Clay is very small rocks so it really wears saw blades.
Oshlun, Popular Tools and Tenryu are immediately available about 98% of the time. World’s Best are the best saw blades money can buy but require a short lead time as they are custom made blades.